You can now use a mobile app to access passwords in your IT Glue account. The IT Glue Mobile App combines the features of a password manager app with the secure storage of your IT Glue account. This gives you a quick and easy way of viewing, updating, creating, and deleting passwords when you are away from the office.
Installing the app
The IT Glue Mobile App is available for iPhone and Android. Version 1.0 of our iOS app works with iPhones 5+ running iOS 10 or newer.
- From your iPhone, go to www.itglue.com/ios.
- Tap the Get button and then the Install button. This should now start downloading to your device.
- Tap Open to launch the app.
- From your Android phone, go to www.itglue.com/android.
- Tap the Install button. This should now start downloading to your device.
- Tap Open to launch the app.
When the installation is complete, the app will be found on your phone's home screen. Simply tap on the icon to launch the app.
Once the app has been launched from the home screen of your device, the first thing you will see is the sign-in screen. Tap the first field and select your account location, enter your email address and password, and then tap the Sign In button. If you have multi-factor authentication (MFA) enabled on your account, you will need to enter the code from your authenticator app to continue.
If your IT Glue account is configured for single sign-on (SSO), you can skip the standard sign-in option and tap the Single Sign-On button instead. Enter your subdomain to initiate SSO. You'll get this subdomain from the unique URL of your IT Glue account, which will be something along the lines of https://mycompany.itglue.com. The first part of the URL (mycompany) is your subdomain.
When you background or close the app, your session will automatically expire after five minutes. You can also tap the Sign-out icon at the bottom of the app to end your session and exit the app.
On devices that have a fingerprint sensor (called Touch ID in iOS), you have the option of using fingerprint verification. With fingerprint verification, you can quickly and easily sign in using a stored fingerprint to confirm your identity and authenticate to your account.
You'll be invited to use fingerprint verification with a fullscreen message when you first sign in to the IT Glue Mobile App. If you are not prompted, check your phone's settings to see whether you have enabled the fingerprint sensor and saved your fingerprint.
The app will prompt you to use fingerprint verification
If you skipped by this at the time, you have an option within the app to enable (or disable) fingerprint verification in Settings > Sign-in and Security:
You might choose to leave fingerprint verification disabled if you're not the only person with fingerprints registered on your phone. If someone can use fingerprint verification to unlock your phone, they'll also be able to sign in to the app.
Signing in with fingerprint verification
Once you are set up to use fingerprint verification, you'll be prompted to use fingerprint verification on subsequent visits. To sign in, lightly touch the fingerprint sensor.
If for some reason your phone doesn't recognize your fingerprint after multiple attempts, you can also sign in with your IT Glue credentials.
Now that you're signed in, you'll find your favorite organizations are displayed on the app home screen by default. To favorite or unfavorite organizations, you need to sign in to IT Glue from a browser. Organizations you "star" as your favorites in IT Glue will be reflected in the mobile app.
Use the following header options to help you find a specific organization:
- Tap the star icon to disable the favorites filter and show all organizations, including your favorites.
- Tap the sort icon to sort the list in ascending or descending order.
The star and sort icon can help you zero in on the organization you want
You can also search for an organization from the search bar at the top of the screen. Refer to the section further below for more information about searching from the mobile app.
Browsing the Passwords list view
Tapping the name of an organization from the home screen or from search results takes you to a complete listing of all passwords you have access to for that one organization.
Tapping on an organization opens the Passwords list view for that organization
We only show basic information so that you can quickly scroll through the list to find the password you want. If there are a lot of results to scroll through and you know what you are looking for, you can also use the search bar to find a specific password.
Search works the same as it does when you are searching from in IT Glue.
As you start typing search terms into the search bar, results begin to instantly appear below it. The maximum number of results is 15.
The first results are associated with Name fields, followed by results for other fields. Search shows results containing any of your keywords, but first to display are exact matches of the full term, as if you had put quotation marks around the words.
Tips for searching in the mobile app:
- To find a password, enter specific keywords used in the Description (name), Username, Category, or Notes field of a password.
- When you open an organization, your search mode automatically changes from a global search to an organization search. Only passwords that belong to the organization and match your search terms will appear in the results.
Searches from within an organization will search only that organization
Accessing a password
Once you’ve located the password you’re looking for, simply tap on it to open up the passwords details screen. For each password, you will be able to see the description (name) of the password, category, username, password, URL, notes, and the date the password was last changed. If you tap on a password field, you get options to Copy or Reveal
The password field is hidden by default; tap to reveal it
To edit any of the fields, tap Edit (upper-left corner), an editing view appears. The fields should be mostly self-explanatory and also familiar, since they are the same fields that you see when you use IT Glue from a browser.
To delete the password, tap the Delete button.
Creating a new password
At the bottom of Passwords list view is a Create Password button. Tap on this to create a new password for that organization.
The options are as follows:
- Description: Enter a descriptive name for the credentials, usually includes the name of the specific application you will be accessing with the credentials.
- Category: Choose a password category from your IT Glue account.
- Username: Enter the username.
- Password: Enter the password.
- URL: Insert the full website address. Be sure to include http(s):// or www at the beginning of the URL. Otherwise, the link will not be clickable. For example, example.com is incorrect, http://www.example.com is correct.
- Notes: Enter notes about the password, if needed.
After you fill in the fields, tap the Save button to create the password. The list view will now be updated to reflect the password you just created. The new password can be accessed by all other IT Glue users with access to that organization.
Navigating app settings
At the bottom of the app, you'll notice three navigation icons. The image of a globe represents your access to credentials and secure passwords across all your organizations. The image of a cogwheel represents your app settings. This third "exit" image is the Sign-out icon.
The app settings screen shows your profile picture, full name, and email address as well as the settings menu. From the settings menu, you can:
- Change your photo.
- Change your first and last name.
- Enable or disable the fingerprint verification setting.
- Switch accounts.
- Access the Support and Terms of Service pages of the IT Glue website.