Use this article as a guide to create and maintain an integration with Watchman Monitoring, which gives you information about CPU, memory, disk usage, last reboot, etc. It should only take about an hour to get up and running.
The Watchman Monitoring sync described below will do the following:
Steps to integrate:
- Enter your Watchman Monitoring credentials
- Wait for the sync to complete
- Organization matching
- Configuration matching
- An SSL connection with a valid certificate (not self-signed) from a trusted authority is required.
- You can generate the required API key at this link: https://app.monitoringclient.com/integrations/itglue
- You must have Manager or Administrator level access to IT Glue.
- If you're integrating with Watchman Monitoring and a PSA, you will want to first sync Watchman Monitoring to your PSA and your PSA to IT Glue to make sure that the required data is available for matching.
2. Enter your Watchman Monitoring credentials
- Open IT Glue.
- Navigate to Account > Integrations and click +New.
- Click the Watchman Monitoring option.
- Enter the server hostname and API key (see instructions further above) and then click Connect.
Next, you’ll be taken to the Sync Logs screen.
Note: If the credentials fail for any reason, syncing will stop until you re-enter your credentials.
3. Wait for the sync to complete
By default, newly queued syncs are scheduled to take place one hour later. From the Account Integrations screen, click Actions and then Start Manual Sync to prioritize the sync to start sooner, if desired.
When the sync is complete, the status column changes from Syncing... to OK.
The initial sync typically completes in under an hour and subsequent syncs will occur within minutes depending on how many new items you have.
4. Organization matching
IT Glue discovers organizations and configurations and tries to match them to data in your account. The matching logic is at the top of this article. Anything that isn't automatically matched will need to be manually actioned.
- From Account > Integrations, find Watchman Monitoring in the list and click on Actions and then Matching.
- Start with the Unmatched filter to review unmatched organizations.
- If you're happy with a suggested match, click Accept Suggestion to accept it:
Or, you can search for and choose a different organization using the Match To column. You can also choose to ignore organizations, which means they won't count as unmatched items in subsequent syncs.
Warning. If you don't see an organization, you can choose the Create Organization action to create (import) it. But make sure there is nothing to match first, so that you don't create a duplicate organization.
- Keep going through all your unmatched organizations until they are all matched.
- If you change your mind about any of the matches, click Actions, choose Change Match, and then manually search for and choose a different organization.
5. Configuration matching
Next, go through the same process to match configurations as you did for organizations.
- To begin, click the Matched filter, pick a matched organization, and then choose the Match Devices action.
- You should first review your matched devices to see if everything looks okay.
- Next, click the Unmatched filter and start matching any remaining configurations until all are actioned (matched, ignored, or created).
- Before you create configurations, first match any of the devices that we couldn't match based on MAC addresses or serial number, for example, virtual servers. When you're done matching, you can create (in bulk or individually) any of the remaining devices coming in from Watchman Monitoring.
Important: We don't recommend that you create configurations from Watchman Monitoring if you'd like to then have them populate from IT Glue to your PSA. New items created from such data will not sync with your PSA unless you choose to do so manually by editing and saving each and every item. This is absolutely manual and is not recommended.
- Repeat for each organization until all configurations are actioned.
Once everything is matched, the setup is complete. At any time, you can come back to these instructions to discover and match new organizations and configurations from Watchman Monitoring.