This article explains how to merge organizations, so that all items in a duplicate (source) organization are moved to a target organization and the source organization is deleted.
- You must have Manager or Administrator access to IT Glue.
- Determine which organization should be the target. It's usually better to choose the one that is syncing with your PSA tool. If they are both syncing, then you'll probably want to choose the one that is syncing configurations, contacts, etc., to your IT Glue account.
- If you are merging the primary organization (your company), make sure that the organization you picked as the target organization is the one set as primary. You can check this setting from Account > Settings > General.
Disconnecting the source organization
Two syncing organizations cannot be merged until the source organization is disconnected.
Disconnecting is a bulk action that's tied in specifically to an Organization Type (Customer, Prospect, etc.) or Status (Active, Inactive). To avoid disconnecting all organizations that fall within a certain type or status, change the source organization in your PSA to a type or status that is enabled for syncing with IT Glue, but is not used by any other organization. Remember, the source organization is the one that will be deleted.
To make these changes push to IT Glue as soon as possible, open IT Glue and start a manual sync (click Account > Integrations, and then choose Start Manual Sync from your PSA's Actions drop down).
To disconnect the source organization:
- Navigate to Account > Integrations.
- Click Manage Data from your PSA's Actions drop down.
- On the Manage Data screen, find the row that matches the source organization's type under Organization Types.
- Click Actions and then Disconnect to disconnect the type.
Warning. View the row to confirm you are actually disconnecting the source organization. You also want to make sure you are only disconnecting one organization.
- After selecting Disconnect, the main window will change, asking you to choose from one of three options. Select the second option that says "Permanently disconnect records from [PSA] but keep all data.".
Once you have disconnected the source organization (but kept its data in IT Glue), you can merge it with the target organization.
Merging the organizations
- Click Organizations from the top navigation bar.
- Find and open the source organization.
- Click the Merge button (top right).
- Find and choose the target organization by typing its name.
- Click Merge.
This action can't be undone. Make sure this is something you want to do.
After you merge two organizations, everything is moved from the source organization to the target organization and the source organization is deleted.
A few notes
- Each item moved by this process will retain its security permissions, related items, attachments, embedded passwords, revision history, and activity logs.
- If any of your users had permission to access the source organization, but not the target, those users will now be allowed to access the target organization.
- If there are any assets that were duplicated after merging the two organizations, you can compare and update the data by viewing and editing the different assets and then deleting the one that is not syncing.