Use this article as a guide when you integrate with ConnectWise.
At any time, you can come back to the Active Integrations screen (Account > Integrations) to make changes to the integration.
The field mappings are set up automatically when you follow the instructions below. For more information, take a look at ConnectWise field mappings.
- An SSL connection with a valid certificate (not self-signed) from a trusted authority is required.
- You must have Manager or Administrator access to IT Glue.
- You will need to create an integrator login for ConnectWise.
- In addition to the integrator login's credentials, you need your ConnectWise Fully Qualified Domain Name (FQDN)/cloud URL and your company database ID (e.g. mycompany).
- Navigate to Account > Integrations and create a new integration using the ConnectWise option.
- Enter your API credentials and then click Connect.
- From the Sync your data with ConnectWise screen, tell us how much of your data to sync. By default, recommended options are listed first. Your options may look different than in the screenshot below.
Note: As a best practice, we recommend you only select the company and configuration types that you actively manage. Managed servers and workstations are typically two of the first configuration types to be brought over to IT Glue.
Also note that when you enable two-way sync, this will not automatically push to your PSA any organizations, configurations, contacts, or locations that were imported or manually created in IT Glue before the first sync. You would need to edit and save these as confirmation that you want these new items created in your PSA. See the two-way sync article for more details.
- Finally, click Save and Continue.* The sync will be automatically queued.
- By default, newly queued syncs are scheduled to take place one hour later.
- You can use the manual sync option to prioritize the sync to start sooner. From the Active Integrations screen (Account > Integrations), click Actions and then Start Manual Sync.
Initial syncs typically complete in under an hour and subsequent syncs within minutes depending on system load and how many new items you have.
* Note that when you initially set up the integration, you will be shown a list of all licensed user accounts in your PSA on the next screen, so that you can mass invite them to your IT Glue account. We automatically select all PSA users to be invited. If you don’t yet want to send invitations to everyone, be sure to individually uncheck the boxes next to anyone you plan to invite later or not at all. Next, click the Invite Users button to invite them to join. If you don’t want to invite anyone, you can also skip this step entirely by clicking the Skip link.