Our PSA integration with ConnectWise Manage is getting an upgrade from SOAP API to REST API. This requires action from you by December 30, 2019.
- If you are setting up a new ConnectWise Manage integration, please enter both the SOAP and REST API credentials. SOAP API credentials are required for the remainder of 2019 and the REST API credentials are needed by December 30, 2019 to ensure a seamless transition.
- If you have already set up a ConnectWise Manage integration, please refer instead to our Setting Up REST API Credentials for the ConnectWise Manage Integration KB article.
Use this article as a guide when you integrate with ConnectWise Manage. At any time, you can come back to the Active Integrations screen (Account > Integrations) to make changes to the integration. The field mappings are set up automatically when you follow the instructions below. For more information, take a look at ConnectWise Manage field mappings.
- An SSL connection with a valid certificate (not self-signed) from a trusted authority is required.
- You must have Manager or Administrator access to IT Glue.
- You must have Administrator access to ConnectWise Manage to obtain the public and private keys.
- Domain Name (FQDN)/cloud URL and your company database ID (e.g. mycompany).
- You will need to have Role IDs, Levels, Names, Locations, Business Units, and Default Territories setup in ConnectWise Manage.
ConnectWise supports two preceding versions from the most current one (2020.1). Partners that are on older versions may experience issues. To ensure full, expected functionality with your ConnectWise Manage integration and continue receiving support, refer to their documentation on how to update your version of the platform.
- In IT Glue, navigate to Account > Integrations and create a new integration using the ConnectWise option.
- Complete the fields in the integration setup screen.
Client ID: A ConnectWise-based unique identifier value. You can generate your own Client ID from ConnectWise directly or skip this field to have IT Glue provide its own Client ID.
- Public Key / Private Key: REST API credentials which include a public key and a private API key. Follow Step 3 below to generate these credentials.
- Log in to the ConnectWise Manage app and navigate to System > Security Roles. You will create a new security role to be used for obtaining the REST API credentials by following the steps below:
- Click the plus icon (+) at the top of the screen.
- Enter a name for your new security role (e.g. IT Glue API integration) and then click the Save icon.
- You will be lead to the Security Modules screen. Click the down arrows beside the Companies, Service Desk, and System headings to expand each section.
- In all three sections, replicate the permission parameters exactly as shown in the tables below. To do so, click the down arrows to change the permissions from "None" (default) to "All". The tables below only show the rows that will require editing.
Companies Add Level Edit Level Delete Level Inquire Level Company Maintenance All All None All Configuration - Display Passwords None None None All Configurations All All None All Contacts All All None All Service Desk Add Level Edit Level Delete Level Inquire Level Service Tickets None None None All System Add Level Edit Level Delete Level Inquire Level API Reports All All None All Member Maintenance None None None All
- After editing the permissions for each section, click the Save and Close icon.
- Click the plus icon (+) at the top of the screen.
- Navigate to System > Members > API Members tab. Then, click the plus icon (+) > New Member.
- In the next Details screen, complete the following fields in each section:
- Profile section:
- Member ID - Enter the username of the member (e.g. IT Glue). The maximum number of characters allowed is 15.
- Time Zone - Select a time zone for the internal company. To set up time zones, refer to ConnectWise's documentation here.
- Member Name - Enter the member's first and last name.
- System section:
- Role ID - The security Role ID controls the level of access to the ConnectWise Manage application by limiting access to functionality. Select the new security role that you created in Step 1 (e.g. IT Glue API Integration).
- Location* - Select the default location for the company. Any new record created by the member will default to the location set here.
- Level - Select the level of access that the member will have in the application. The member will be able to search for companies at the specified level and the ones below it. The restriction here applies to tickets for companies outside the location, as well as members.
- Business Unit* - Select the member's business unit.
- Name - This field corresponds to the Level field above. After selecting a Level, select a specific name associated with the structure level. To setup Name, please refer to ConnectWise's documentation here.
- Default Territory* - Select the member's default territory.
* For more information on how to setup Locations, Business Units, and Territories, please refer to ConnectWise's documentation here.
- Profile section:
- In the top menu bar, click the Save icon.
- Click the API Keys tab and then on the plus icon (+).
- Enter a description of the key (e.g. IT Glue) and click the Save icon.
Once saved, the public and private keys will be generated.IMPORTANT! Keep the private key in a secure location as it will not be visible again after closing the window.
- Then, click Connect. You will be taken directly to the Sync Settings page.
Note: If your REST API credentials are incorrect, a red notification banner will appear at the top of the screen. Ensure that your credentials have been entered correctly and click Connect again.
- From the Sync Settings page, tell us how much of your data to sync. By default, recommended options are listed first. Your options may look different than the screenshot below.
IMPORTANT! If your ConnectWise companies have multiple types, all types must be checked in IT Glue for these companies to sync.As a best practice, we recommend you only select the company types, configuration types and statuses, and ticket boards you actively manage.
Note: Enabling two-way sync will not automatically push organizations, configurations, contacts, or locations that already exist in IT Glue, back to your PSA. These assets need to be edited and saved individually to trigger two-way sync.
- Click Save. The sync will be automatically queued.
- You can use the manual sync option to prioritize the sync to start sooner. To start a manual sync, navigate to Account > Integrations, click Actions and Start Manual Sync.
- From the Active Integrations screen, you can see the overall sync status. When the sync is complete, the status column changes from Syncing... to OK.
Please note that when you initially set up the integration, you will be shown a list of all licensed user accounts in your PSA on the next screen, so that you can mass invite them to your IT Glue account. We automatically select all PSA users to be invited. If you don’t yet want to send invitations to everyone, be sure to individually uncheck the boxes next to anyone you plan to invite later or not at all. Next, click the Invite Users button to invite them to join. If you don’t want to invite anyone, you can also skip this step entirely by clicking the Skip link.