Use this article as a guide when you integrate with ConnectWise.
At any time, you can come back to the Active Integrations screen (Account > Integrations) to make changes to the integration.
The field mappings are set up automatically when you follow the instructions below. For more information, take a look at ConnectWise field mappings.
- An SSL connection with a valid certificate (not self-signed) from a trusted authority is required.
- You must have Manager or Administrator access to IT Glue.
- You will need to create an integrator login for ConnectWise.
- In addition to the integrator login's credentials, you need your ConnectWise Fully Qualified Domain Name (FQDN)/cloud URL and your company database ID (e.g. mycompany).
- Navigate to Account > Integrations and create a new integration using the ConnectWise option.
- Complete the fields in the integration setup screen.
Note: In the Client ID field, paste in your ConnectWise Client ID. If you have generated this before, you can find it in your ConnectWise Portal.
If you do not know your Client ID, follow the below steps:
- Navigate to https://developer.connectwise.com/ClientID.
- Login using the credentials provided by ConnectWise when you registered your account.
- In the Generating a Client ID section, click Create New Integration.
- Give the integration a name and short description. Then, set the integration type to Private and specify your ConnectWise email in the Technical Contact Email field.
- Submit the form. Then, copy your Client ID and paste it into the ConnectWise Integration Setup Page in IT Glue.
- Then, Click Connect. From the Sync your data with ConnectWise screen, tell us how much of your data to sync. By default, recommended options are listed first. Your options may look different than the screenshot below.
IMPORTANT! If your ConnectWise companies have multiple types, all types must be checked in IT Glue for these companies to sync.As a best practice, we recommend you only select the company types, configuration types and statuses, and ticket boards you actively manage.
Note: If you are integrating tickets, please ensure you have followed Step 6 in our Creating an integrator login in ConnectWise KB article, which requires you to add Service Ticket to the integrator login.
Note: Enabling two-way sync will not automatically push organizations, configurations, contacts, or locations that already exist in IT Glue, back to your PSA. These assets need to be edited and saved individually to trigger two-way sync.
- Click Save. The sync will be automatically queued.
- You can use the manual sync option to prioritize the sync to start sooner. To start a manual sync, navigate to Account > Integrations, click Actions and Start Manual Sync.
- From the Active Integrations screen, you can see the overall sync status. When the sync is complete, the status column changes from Syncing... to OK.
Please note that when you initially set up the integration, you will be shown a list of all licensed user accounts in your PSA on the next screen, so that you can mass invite them to your IT Glue account. We automatically select all PSA users to be invited. If you don’t yet want to send invitations to everyone, be sure to individually uncheck the boxes next to anyone you plan to invite later or not at all. Next, click the Invite Users button to invite them to join. If you don’t want to invite anyone, you can also skip this step entirely by clicking the Skip link.