This topic describes how to configure a user account so that you can show your clients what IT Glue looks like or allow them to use IT Glue without being able to change any of the data.
IT Glue is a role-based application. When a person signs in to your account, they will be able to complete various tasks based on their user role. Clients are typically given a Lite user role. It's a read-only role that is designed specially for users who should only be able to access a few organizations in your account. Users with a Lite role can have access to up to five organizations. Granting access to sub-organizations counts against this number.
The Lite user role can also be ideal when working temporarily alongside third-party vendors with your clients (e.g. software teams). Sharing the infrastructure and relevant documentation with vendors can cut down on a lot of email traffic.
- You must have Manager or Administrator level access to invite users to your account.
- Navigate to Account > Users and click on + New.
- In the Users section (top left), enter the user's preferred email address and then click on the (plus sign) to add it.
- Choose the Lite role. As mentioned earlier, users with a Lite role can only access a maximum of five organizations/sub-organizations.
- Next, select their group memberships, if any.
- In the Organization Access section (lower right), search for and select one or more organizations that you want the user to have to access to.
Important. You must add at least one organization before leaving this screen.
- Click Save.
Clicking save will trigger an email to your client with a pre-loaded invitation message.
All pending invitations will be shown as invited users when viewing the Users list view for your account. If an invitation link expires, you can resend the invite.
What effect does adding groups have?
We recommend associating all client users that have the Lite role with a defined Client group.
What the group does is make it easier to manage access to data at the group level. For example, if someone at the client organization leaves the company, you can remove that person from the group and then add in their successor to give them the same accesses.
Can I add clients in batches?
Yes, you can use a multi-user invite process to invite clients to IT Glue, so that they can authenticate to your IT Glue account and access their information.
Is there a limit to how many client accounts I can create?
There is no limit to the number of Lite users that you can create. They don’t count toward your user licenses.