This topic will show you how to associate virtual machines to host servers using the Virtualization flexible asset, to provide a snapshot of a virtualized environment.
- Add the virtual machines and host servers as configurations.
Use the following instructions to record information that will help you manage and troubleshoot the hypervisor and virtual machines:
- Navigate to the organization you are onboarding.
- Go to the Virtualization section from the sidebar.
- click + New in the top-right corner.
- In the Office Location field, tag the location of the server.
- In the Virtualization Technology field, select either VMware or Microsoft Hyper-V.
- In the Virtualization Hosts field, tag the host servers you created further above.
- Embed any local server passwords to the relevant configurations if the servers are not members of AD.
- In the Virtual Machines field, tag the virtual machines you created further above.
- Click Save.
- Use the Attachments and Related Items sections to add long form documentation. Consider creating a document with advanced configuration details or adding new fields to the flexible asset to record additional details, such as
- File path to directory of virtual machines.
- Any extra setup and install logs to the asset.
- Supporting documents to detail usage, configuration, or capacity planning.
- Storage information if separate.