Follow these instructions to create an overview of backup schedules and processes. Links all devices involved in the backup system, as well as procedures and documentation.
Note: If you're just getting started with IT Glue, you might let your team's backup specialist document all backups across your client base using the Global > Completion table.
Keep in mind that for larger sites you may have multiple technologies or schedules deployed, with a combination of bare metal and file-based backup. Each of these solutions will generally work best as separate entries in the Backups list view. Use the description field to help identify each one.
- All relevant source and destination devices have been captured as configurations.
- Make sure that you have the necessary credentials to access backup consoles.
- Navigate to the organization you are onboarding.
- Go to the Backup section from the sidebar.
- click + New in the top-right corner.
- In the original template design, the Backup Platform and Backup Description are merged to produce the title. For example, if AppAssure is the platform and All Servers is the description, this will produce an entry entitled AppAssure All Servers.
- In the Backup Technology field, select the backup technology from the drop-down list.
- In the Next Verification field, capture the next backup verification or test restore date as an expiration date, to bring that information to the organization dashboard.
- In the Backup Window field, select an appropriate window from the drop-down list.
- In the Backup Frequency field, enter the backup frequency.
- Fill out as many or as few of the remaining fields as you wish.
- Click Save.
- Under Related Items, add any procedures that have been created, such as a procedure on how to restore a file from a backup.