The Licensing flexible asset is used to capture all software licensing information from individual software instances to volume site licenses.
Licensing information will be linked in multiple places, so capturing it early is strongly recommended.
- Load all the network attached devices in the client environment as configuration items.
- Make sure you have access to all virtual and physical locations and the relevant web credentials.
Create one entry for every technology you discover. Refer to existing repositories (physical and virtual) and ask the key site contacts.
- Navigate to the organization that the license belongs to.
- From the Licensing list view, click + New.
- In the original template design, the Manufacturer, Name, and Version are merged to produce the title. For example, if Microsoft is the Manufacturer, Office Pro is the name, and 2013 is the Version, this will produce an entry entitled Microsoft Office Pro 2013.
- Fill out as many or as few remaining fields as you wish.
- When you're done, click Save.
- Under Related Items, you can choose the vendor that is related to the current licensing entry. If necessary, revisit the Vendors area to create the vendor in your account.
- Under Attachments, you can attach emails, pdfs, and licensing agreements.
The following checklist can help, but of course licensing will vary considerably from client to client:
- Line of Business Databases
- Cloud Apps
- Security Solutions (Anti Spam, Anti Virus, Anti Malware)