This article explains how to document a wireless solution using the Wireless flexible asset. This asset is useful for identifying the required equipment and capturing wireless security information: SSID, the wireless password (also called the pre-shared key), etc.
- Load the network attached devices and access points in the client environment as configurations.
Create one entry for each WLAN/SSID:
- Navigate to the organization you are onboarding.
- Go to the Wireless section from the sidebar.
- Click + New in the top-right corner.
- In the Network Name field, enter the network's name, e.g. Happy Frog HQ, Happy Frog Branch Office, Happy Frog HQ Guest Wi-Fi, etc. The title must provide quick reference in list view and be easy to search.
- In the Physical Location field, search for and select the location e.g. branch office, headquarters, etc.
- In the SSID field, enter the SSID.
- In the Security Type field, select the encryption type.
- In the Pre-Shared Key field, enter the pre-shared key if required.
- In the Access Point(s) field, search for and select each access point that provides service for this SSID.
- In the Wireless Controller(s) field, search for and select the wireless controller if present.
- Next, record the management IP address, username, and password of the wireless controller's administrative web interface in the fields provided.
- Click Save.
- In Passwords, add the sign-in credentials for the central console for the wireless network devices (if that's not already done) and then link this password under Related Items (right-hand side of the screen).
- (Optional) In Documents, create instructions for devices that cannot connect to the recommended wireless network, such as a wireless printer, Apple TV, or SmartTV, and then link the documents under Related Items.