With Site Summary, you can capture details that show your team how to support the client. This type of documentation is designed to be completed in stages as you move through the onboarding process.
- You have begun entering your client's locations and contacts by either syncing them from your PSA or adding each location and contact manually.
- You sent the client various forms to arrange for key transfer, out of hours policy, and authorized contact details.
- In the flexible asset template (Account > Flexible Asset Types > Site Summary), you can add and update several different types of fields to enable your team to select from pre-defined or custom options, depending on how you want to present and collect the information. Potential additions: patching and maintenance windows.
Use these instructions to complete as many fields as you can during the initial client meeting and add the remaining information during the discovery process:
- Navigate to the organization you are onboarding.
- Go to the Site Summary section from the sidebar.
- Click + New in the top-right corner.
- Fill out as many or as few fields as you want.
- Site Title - Choose a phrase that provides quick recognition when searched.
- Relationship Status - The account manager for the client has responsibility to keep this field up to date.
- Known Issues - Summarize any ongoing issues that tend to cause repeating support tickets. Perhaps an upgrade project has already been pitched to the client, but is not yet being delivered.
- Client Info - Create and then tag documents in these fields once the forms have been collected.
- Team Info - Tag your internal account managers, technical leads/project managers. This is particularly helpful in larger teams to help identify accountability internally.
- Onboarding - A great place to store a few key 30,000 ft details about the progress of onboarding a new client. For existing clients, these fields can be left blank.
- Project ID. Onboarding project ID from your PSA or project panagement software.
- Onboarding Phase - Capture the onboarding progress here. You may want to customize the language, or simplify the number of phases.
- Target Go-Live Date - When will onboarding complete and full SLA support begin with the team.
- QA fields - Tag the internal team member who signs off the progression from one phase to another. Dates for the phases will likely be captured in the project overview. These fields record completion and handover.
- Click Save.
- Document the out of office access code in the Passwords area (if that's not already done) and then add to the site summary under Related Items.
- (Optional) Create any documents that you want to locate quickly within a couple of clicks, such as procurement procedures, finance processes, or outputs from a former IT provider, and then add them under Related Items.