The article explains the steps for exporting all data in one organization or all organizations in your IT Glue account, or all data from a global asset list view.
Data that will be exported using the export feature:
- Core and flexible assets in CSV files representing each asset type
- Documents in HTML format
- Activity logs
Content that will not be exported using the export feature:
- All Settings
- Flexible asset templates
- Related items
- Revision histories
- Custom questions or user defined fields in configurations. These fields are entered in a PSA and are only presented as read-only in IT Glue
- You must have Administrator access to IT Glue.
- Each export file is only available to download for 48 hours for security purposes. After that time, you will need to export the data again.
- Passwords will be exported in unencrypted, human-readable format. Be careful with your export files.
Exporting all data in an organization
- Log in to your IT Glue account and navigate to Account > Export Data.
- Search for an organization by name and then click the Start Export button.
Wait for an email from firstname.lastname@example.org to notify you when your export is ready for download. Use the links included in this email to download the exported ZIP file. You can also download it from the Account > Export Data screen.
Exporting all data in your IT Glue account
- Navigate to Account > Export Data.
- Below Export entire account, click the Start Export button.
Wait for an email from email@example.com to notify you when your export is ready for download. Use the links included in this email to download the exported ZIP file. You can also download it from the Account > Export Data screen. Processing an export may take a while, so please be patient. We'll email you when it's ready.
Exporting all data from a global asset
- Click on Global in the top navigation bar.
- Click on any of the below assets:
- All Flexible Asset types
- In the global asset list view page, click on the Export button in the top-right corner.
You also have the option to export smaller subsets of data. Refer to our Exporting a list of assets KB article for instructions.