This article outlines the steps you can take to revert a Flexible Asset back to the standard template design that's available for import from within your account. At any time, you can reimport the IT Glue templates and review them against what you've created with your team. Keep in mind that we sometimes update the templates, so they may have changed since you last saw them.
- A Manager or Administrator role is required.
If you imported one of our templates but haven't created any data with it, simply delete it and start again. Otherwise, you'll need to rename your version and then reimport the template as described below:
- Navigate to Account > Flexible Assets Types and open your existing Flexible Asset (e.g. Applications).
- Rename the existing Flexible Asset to reflect what it is (e.g. Applications OLD).
- Click Import from Template in the top-right corner to import the new Flexible Asset template.
After that's done, you can compare the two templates and make changes to the one you've already been using. When you are done, delete the one you most recently imported and rename the one that has your data back to what it was (e.g. Applications).
Transferring your data to the new template
Use these instructions if you want to start fresh and transfer all your data to the new template instead. These instructions require that you have an Administrator role to export your data.
- Run a data export to capture the data that's already been created with the older template.
- Import the new template (see steps 1-3 in the section above) and make any changes to the new template so that it supports the data entry and workflow processes that will be followed by your team.
- Delete the old template and all of the data that's associated with it.
- Finally, update and then import the CSV containing your data (from step 1). This may take some time. You'll want to ensure that the data is imported in the correct fields as the fields will have changed. Please see our Importing data topic for help importing your data back into IT Glue.