For partners subscribed to Enterprise plans.
If you implemented branding for your IT Glue account, you will want to follow these steps to get the URL of public documents to send to clients and other unauthenticated users.
- You can share documents with unauthenticated users by making the document "public," so that anyone with the link can view it. For help on this, see Quick guide for documents.
- Navigate to the list view of the document.
- Hover over the Locator field to display the Copy to clipboard option.
- Click Copy to clipboard to copy the URL.
After you copy the URL, you can paste this link into a message to an unauthenticated user.
Note that when entering the public URL (e.g. "docs.mycompany.com/DOC-123-123") in a browser, the address bar will display "docs.mycompany.com". The document identifier is removed. This was on purpose as it's essential to maintain SSL integrity within IT Glue. Because of this, you will want to continue to use "mycompany.itglue.com" URLs internally with your team. This allows you to:
- grab the full URL from the address bar when collaborating with other team members.
- display the fully featured documents inside your IT Glue account, so that you can edit and tag documents as normal.