This article will help you change or reset your password and also answer some of the most common password/reset questions. Keep in mind that if single sign-on (SSO) is enabled, IT Glue does not store your SSO password in IT Glue.
Changing your password
If you know your password, but want to change it to something else, you can do so through your profile settings.
- Click your name in the top-right corner of any screen and select Edit Profile from the drop-down menu.
- In the Change Password field, enter your new password.
- Re-enter your new password in the Password confirmation field.
- Enter your current password to authorize the change.
- Click the Save button to save your changes.
Forgot your password?
Neither Administrator or Manager role can reset your IT Glue password, nor change any user profile details.
If you forgot your password, follow these simple steps to reset it:
- Navigate to your login screen (e.g. mycompany.itglue.com).
- From the login screen, click on the Forgot your password link.
- Enter your email address.
- Click Send reset instructions.
You will soon receive an email with a link to reset your password. Click the link and enter a new password.
If resetting your password hasn't fixed a login issue, check the scenarios in the Common Questions section below to see if one applies to you.
Does a temporary password go to my email address when I get invited to IT Glue?
There are no temporary passwords used during any part of the new user account process. Your password won't be created until you access the link in the invitation email and set your password.
For security reasons, the "Accept Invitation" link contained in the email expires after 6 hours. If you didn't click on the link before it expired, someone with a Manager or Administrator role can resend the invite. Once you get the email, use the link to finish creating your account and set your password.
If you believe that an invitation email was sent to you, but you haven't received it, check your spam or junk folder. Alternatively, contact the person who invited you to confirm that it's the right email address.
What are the requirements for an IT Glue password?
IT Glue passwords must fit the following criteria in order to be valid:
- The password must be at least 6 characters long. Max of 128 characters.
- Only UTF-8 characters are supported.
Why am I not receiving the password reset email?
If you haven't received the password reset email, there are a few possibilities:
- If you don't receive this email within an hour or two, check your junk or spam folder.
- It could be a typo, or the wrong email address. Double-check that it's the same email by contacting a Manager or Administrator on the account.
The reset password link expires after 6 hours. If the link has expired, follow the password reset instructions further above to receive a new link.