This article will help you change or reset your password and also answer some of the most common password/reset questions.
Keep in mind that if single sign-on (SSO) is enabled, IT Glue does not store your SSO password in IT Glue.
Changing your password
If you know your password, but want to change it to something else, you can change your password through your profile settings.
- Click on your name in the top-right corner of any screen and select Profile from the drop-down menu.
- Click the Edit button on the right side of the profile screen.
- In the Change Password field, enter your new password.
- Re-enter your new password, and then enter your current password to confirm the change.
- Click Save to complete the change.
Forget your password?
Users with an Administrator or Manager role cannot reset your IT Glue password, or change any user profile details.
If you forget your password, follow these simple steps to reset it:
- Navigate to your sign-in screen (e.g. mycompany.itglue.com).
- From the sign-in screen, click on the Forgot your password link.
- Enter your email address.
- Click Send reset instructions.
You will soon receive an email with a link to reset your password. Click the link and enter a new password.
If resetting your password hasn't fixed a sign-in issue, make sure you check the scenarios below to see if one applies to you.
Does a temporary password go to my email address when I get invited to IT Glue?
There are no temporary passwords used during any part of the new user account process. Your password won't be created until you access the link in the invitation email and set your password.
For security reasons, the "Accept Invitation" link contained in the email expires after six hours. If you didn't click on the link before it expired, someone with a Manager or Administrator role can resend the invite. Once you get the email, use the link to finish creating your account and set your password.
If you believe that an invitation email was sent to you, but you haven't received it, check your spam or junk folder. Alternatively, contact the person who invited you to confirm that it's the right email address.
How do I reset my MFA?
My account is locked out. How do I get back in?
If your account gets locked out after multiple failed sign-in attempts, an email with unlock instructions will be sent to your email address. Follow the instructions in the email to sign in again.
Why am I not receiving the password reset email?
If you haven't received the password reset email, there are a few possibilities:
- If you don't receive this email within an hour or two, check your junk or spam folder.
- It could be a typo, or the wrong email address. Double-check that it's the same email by contacting a Manager or Administrator on the account.
The reset password link expires after six hours. If the link has expired, simply follow the password reset instructions further above to receive a new link.
What are the requirements for an IT Glue password?
IT Glue passwords must fit the following criteria in order to be valid:
- The password must be at least 6 characters long. Max of 128 characters.
- Only UTF-8 characters are supported.
Why can't I sign in with my recently changed password?
If your sign-in credentials are not working or you are experiencing general problems signing in, try the following:
- First, ensure that you are using the correct email address and that you have typed your password correctly.
- Try refreshing the page and attempting to sign in again.
- If you are still unable to log in, try using another browser.
- Ensure that your current browser is fully up to date.
- Try turning off the "auto-fill" feature in your browser.
- Try resetting your password again.