For partners subscribed to Enterprise plans.
By default, your account displays the IT Glue logo and domain name. You can brand your documentation with your own logo and custom URL--so that "mycompany.itglue.com" becomes "docs.mycompany.com" (or similar name). Additionally, you can disable the IT Glue branded footer.
- The custom URL supports unauthenticated and authenticated users, but internally your team should continue to share "mycompany.itglue.com" URLs. For more information, please see Branding: Sharing documents with clients.
- All of your data is still fully encrypted using https://. The only unencrypted data (sent over port 80) is a generic frame holding the branding subdomain redirection.
- You must have Manager or Administrator access to IT Glue.
Use these instructions to set up a CNAME (alias) record that points to your IT Glue account ("mycompany.itglue.com"). Note that your domain hosting service might have slightly different instructions for CNAME record creation. Please check with your host provider for details.
- Sign in to the DNS Control/Administration panel for your domain to access your DNS settings.
- Add the following entry:
- Record Type: CNAME (Alias)
- Host name: Enter the hostname you chose (e.g. "docs").
- Points to: Enter the hostname you want the alias to point to, which in this case is your IT Glue account ("mycompany.itglue.com").
- TTL: Enter how long the server should cache the DNS information.
Enabling the feature in your IT Glue account
- From Account > Settings, click the Branding tab.
- In the Fully Qualified Domain Name field, add the CNAME redirection.
- In Header Logo, add a logo with optimal size of 200x52 pixels.
- (Optional) Check the Hide Footer box.
After you make these changes, entering your customized URL ("docs.mycompany.com") into a browser will redirect to your IT Glue account, and your logo will display in place of the IT Glue logo.
Example: A public document with customized branding