Please note this feature is available for partners subscribed to Enterprise plans only.
Customize IT Glue to match the look and feel of your company's branding. When sharing public IT Glue documents with your users, make your company instantly recognizable by branding them with your company logo as well as a custom secured URL.
By default, your account displays the IT Glue domain name. You can brand your documentation with your own logo and custom URL so that “mycompany.itglue.com” (for EU partners, “mycompany.eu.itglue.com”) becomes “docs.mycompany.com”
- You must have Administrator or Manager access to IT Glue.
- Sign in to IT Glue and navigate to Account.
- In the Settings section select the Branding tab.
- Enter the subdomain/hostname you wish to use in the Fully Qualified Domain Name box. (Example: docs.mycompany.com)
- Click Save. You will see a message indicating that the SSL Certificate is pending the creation of the validation DNS records.
- In your DNS control panel, create two CNAME records using the information from IT Glue's DNS Information and Validation DNS Mapping fields. Your IT Glue will display different information to the image below. Enter the portion highlighted into your DNS control panel.
The above step must be completed within 72 hours of requesting the custom domain in IT Glue, otherwise a timeout error will be displayed.
Note: If you have an existing DNS record pointing to subdomain.itglue.com (or subdomain.eu.itglue.com for our EU data center partners). Please ensure to delete the previous CNAME DNS record prior to creating new ones.
- Once you have updated your DNS settings, AWS will automatically detect these updates and begin the SSL certificate propagation process. Please note this propagation process may take up to 24 hours.
- When validation is complete, you will receive an email notification of successful certificate validation, and see the following message under Account > Settings > Branding.
Possible Configuration Failures
Below are possible reasons for the SSL certificate failing to be created, in which case an email indicating the failure will be triggered:
- SSL certificate has expired. Check your DNS settings, then remove and re-add your custom domain.
- Validation time-out error. Validation of the required DNS settings timed out since they were not created in time. Please remove and re-add your custom domain.
- Certificate Authority Authentication (CAA) Error. This will happen if your FQDN contains a DNS record that denies Amazon Web Services from creating an SSL certificate. Please either configure your CAA records to handle such errors by removing them, or configuring them as guided in the AWS Troubleshoot Certification Authority Authorization (CAA) Problems KB Article.
- Inactive certificate. Please contact IT Glue support for assistance.
- SSL certificate revoked. Please contact IT Glue support for assistance.
- SSL certificate generation failed. Please contact IT Glue support for assistance.
Only public document URLs will be loaded outside of an iframe at this time. While using your custom URL, all other app functionality relies on presenting content inside an iframe. Please note the following:
- The iframe is secure, as all underlying connections are also secure
- Only public documents will currently display a full URL
- While end users signing in to IT Glue can use the custom URL, please note that full URLs will not be displayed in the browser address bar, only your base custom URL
- For use within your organization, we recommend using your IT Glue subdomain (mycompany.itglue.com) in order to retain visibility of complete address bar URLs
- It is not possible to log in using Single Sign-On with your custom URL. Please use your IT Glue subdomain when utilizing SSO/SAML functionality
Customize the look of your interface by adding your own company logo to replace the IT Glue logo in the top menu bar. You can also hide the IT Glue branded footer.
- Under Interface Branding, click Choose File and upload your custom logo.
- If you want to disable the IT Glue branded footer, click Hide Footer.
- Click Save.