Use this article as a guide when you integrate with Datto, a hybrid cloud backup and recovery service. With Datto, a device on a local network will perform a snapshot of targeted systems and then back them up to storage in the cloud.
- An SSL connection with a valid certificate (not self-signed) from a trusted authority is required.
- You must have Manager or Administrator access to IT Glue.
- IT Glue talks to Datto's API to monitor for devices in the form of a read-only sync. For this to work, you need the Datto API key that's available from Admin > Integrations in the Datto cloud. For more on this, see How to find your Integration API Key.
- Navigate to Account > Integrations and click +New.
- Click the Datto option.
- Enter the API key (see instructions further above) and then click Connect.
- After that's done, you’ll be taken to the Sync Logs screen. The sync will be automatically queued.
- By default, newly queued syncs are scheduled to take place one hour later. You can use the manual sync option to prioritize the sync to start sooner. From the Active Integrations screen (Account > Integrations), click Actions and then Start Manual Sync.
- From the Active Integrations screen, you can see the overall sync status. When the sync is complete, the status column changes from Syncing... to OK.
Once the sync has finished, Datto devices and agents will display in list form from the Global area of IT Glue. Here you'll find your Datto device details and the protection status of Datto protected devices.
- You can integrate with multiple Datto accounts. For example, if you have separate Datto API keys for customer and internal devices, you can create two different integrations and connect to the APIs of those accounts.
- Datto integrations don't count against your data source limit.
- At this stage, the Datto integration does not automatically create configuration items in the respective client organizations. We suggest creating the corresponding configuration items for each of your on-site Datto devices and then linking the backup assets found in your Global > Datto list to the configurations as Related Items.
- To manage a backup incident, you will need to access the Datto management screen on the Datto device.