Network Detective (by Rapid Fire Tools) is a network discovery tool that collates and presents data from a networked infrastructure. The following steps show how to import large amounts of data from Network Detective into IT Glue.
- Manager or Administrator user role in IT Glue.
- Export to IT Glue a spreadsheet/CSV output from Network Detective. Consult the Network Detective documentation for help exporting your configurations.
Follow the instructions below for each organization you want to import to:
- Open the spreadsheet/CSV file in your editor.
- Save a copy to preserve the original output.
- Before you import anything into IT Glue, take a few minutes to “sanitize” the file.
- Next, edit each one of your rows to reflect your IT Glue types (for example, Managed Workstation, Managed Server, etc.). New types will be created automatically when you import to IT Glue.
- Save your CSV file.
- From Account > Import Data , click +New and then choose Configurations.
- Select the organization you want to import into.
- Click Choose File to select the saved CSV file.
- Decide if you'd like to allow partial imports.
- Click Run Import.
The importer will attempt to match up and update any existing data. Existing configurations are matched by name, configuration type, and sometimes the serial number or MAC address (if they exist).
- All CSV files must be exported from your spreadsheet program using the Windows CSV (Comma delimited) (*.csv) option. The file must be encoded in UTF-8. For best results, follow the file saving instructions in Importing data into your account.
- Please refer to our tips for importing CSV data topic for more details.