The instructions below will explain how to download a CSV spreadsheet from any of the asset list views in one of your client organizations. Using filters on these lists, you can export the results of a given query so that you have a file you can use for auditing or to better analyze the data. To export all data for an organization, see Exporting and backing up account data instead.
Note that the export button can also be found at the top of the screen in the activity log for your account.
- You must have Administrator access to IT Glue to export data.
- Navigate to an organization and open the list of assets you want to export, for example, Configurations.
- Filter the list using the search fields and drop-down filters that appear above the columns. For example, if you are looking at the Configurations list view and you want to see all servers, select the server option from the drop-down.
- When you're finished applying your filters, click Export.
A few notes:
- The export button is limited to just 10,000 rows of data. If your export exceeds 10,000 rows, please consider re-running the export for a smaller time period or with a more granular filter. It's a good idea to check the last row on the first report you ran, then re-run the report from that time period for the next chunk of data.
- The export button on the Passwords list view will produce a CSV of all general passwords for that organization. To export all passwords that belong to an organization, run the export on the organization instead. This will export all general and embedded passwords. See Exporting and backing up account data.