Client Password Management
Deploy a MyGlue account for a client that provides them with a secure space for password management.
You have a client who is only in need of a password management solution and nothing else. In this scenario, we’ll set them up with a MyGlue account where the staff members will be able to create, update, and manage their own passwords. They won’t have access to any of the passwords you may have already documented for them in your IT Glue account.
1. Email your client to inform them about MyGlue and the training resources available to them:
2. Within IT Glue, create a MyGlue account:
Navigate to Account > MyGlue then click + New.
3. Enter the client’s name for this new MyGlue account then click Save.
4. Choose the the existing IT Glue Organizations you’d like to assign to this MyGlue account then click Save.
5. Create a Group for this MyGlue account:
Enter a name for the Group.
This name will likely match the name you’ve given to this MyGlue account. Verify this Group has the correct Organization Access. Additional Groups can be created after completing this wizard.
6. Under the Deny Asset Type Access heading, uncheck Passwords.
7. Click Next to invite all existing contacts with email addresses from the client organizations you selected above.
8. On the Create Users screen, change the role from Creator to Editor then click Save.
If you'd like to provide this client with the added benefit of not only managing their passwords, but also custom assets, please view Scenario 2: Password and Custom Asset Management
If you’d also like to provide this client with the added benefit of managing their own processes, please view Scenario 3: Full Documentation Access to Key MyGlue Stakeholders.