If you'd like to know more on how to deploy MyGlue, please view the MyGlue Deployment Guide.
Deploy a MyGlue account as a value-added solution that provides a secure place for password management.
Are your clients still putting passwords on post-it notes, sharing through unsecured emails or creating support tickets for forgotten passwords? Empower them to easily and securely manage their team-based passwords with MyGlue.
In this scenario, you will deploy a MyGlue account where client users can create, update, and manage their team-based passwords.
1. Navigate to Account > MyGlue then click + New.
If you have never set up a MyGlue account before, you will see the screenshot below when you click MyGlue from the sidebar.
2. If this is the first MyGlue account you are setting up, you will be prompted to enter support information. If not, please skip this step.
3. Enter a name for the new MyGlue account, choose the the existing IT Glue Organizations you’d like to assign, and click Save.
4. Create a security group for this MyGlue account. Enter a name and an optional description for the group, and add all MyGlue users who should have access to the group. If you do not yet have MyGlue users in IT Glue, you can invite them on the next screen. You can also add additional organizations here.
5. If you want this group of MyGlue users to have access to passwords you have already created for their organization, check Grant access to unrestricted ("All IT Glue Users") IT Glue data within the allowed Organizations.
6. All asset types are checked to deny access by default, uncheck Passwords and click Save.
7. Uncheck the organization's contacts you do not want to invite to MyGlue, and click Next.
8. Set the appropriate permissions for the invited users. Our MyGlue user roles, groups, and permissions KB article will help you decide which role to give the users. Click Save.
Please also see the below scenarios for other ways you can utilize MyGlue.