If you'd like to know more on how to deploy MyGlue, please view the MyGlue Deployment Guide.
Deploy a MyGlue account as a value-added solution that provides a client with a secure central repository of SOPs and How To Documents.
Just as you rely on IT Glue as a central repository of SOPs and How To documents, help your clients leap forward efficiently, by empowering them to securely store and access their documents, knowledge and information in MyGlue. No more information silos.
In this scenario, you will set up a MyGlue account where client users can create, update, and manage their own documents, knowledge, information and even checklists.
MyGlue Deployment Steps
- Log into IT Glue and navigate to Account > MyGlue. Then, click + New.
If you have never set up a MyGlue account before, you will see the screenshot below when you click MyGlue from the sidebar.
- If this is the first MyGlue account you are setting up, you will be prompted to enter support information. If not, please skip this step.
- Enter a name for the new MyGlue account, choose the existing IT Glue Organizations you’d like to assign, and click Save.
- Create a security group for this MyGlue account. Enter a name and an optional description for the group, and add all MyGlue users who should have access to the group. If you do not yet have MyGlue users in IT Glue, you can invite them on the next screen. You can also add additional organizations here.
- If you want this group's MyGlue users to have access to passwords you have already created for their organization, check Grant access to unrestricted ("All IT Glue Users") IT Glue data within the allowed Organizations.
- All asset types will be checked to deny access by default, uncheck Checklists and Documents. Click Save.
- Uncheck the organization's contacts you do not want to invite to MyGlue, and click Next.
- Set the appropriate permissions for the invited users. Our MyGlue user roles, groups, and permissions KB article will help you decide which role to give the users. Click Save.
Please also see the below scenarios for other ways you can utilize MyGlue.