If you'd like to know more on how to deploy MyGlue, please view MyGlue Deployment Guide.
Deploy a MyGlue account for a client that provides them with a secure place for password and custom asset management.
In this scenario, you have a client who is need of a password management solution and they would also like to have the ability to document information that’s unique to their company. We’ll take you through the process of first building the custom assets and then deploying a MyGlue account that provides your client with access to them. They’ll also have the ability to create, update, and manage their own passwords, but they won’t have access to any of the passwords you may have already documented for them in your IT Glue account.
1. Email your client to inform them about MyGlue and the training resources available to them:Use “New MyGlue Client” email template provided in the MyGlue Action Pack to notify your client about their soon to be created MyGlue account.
2. Within IT Glue, create a MyGlue account:
3. Enter a name for the Group.
Additional Groups can be created after completing this wizard. This name will likely match the name you’ve given to this MyGlue account. Verify this Group has the correct Organization Access.
4. Under the Deny Asset Type Access heading, uncheck Passwords and the Flexible Asset you’d like this client to have access to.
5. Navigate to Account > MyGlue then click + New.
6. Enter the client’s name for this new MyGlue account then click Save.
7. Choose the the existing IT Glue Organizations you’d like to assign to this MyGlue account then click Save.
8. Create a Group for this MyGlue account:
9. Click Next to invite all existing contacts with email addresses from the client organizations you selected above.
10. On the Create Users screen, change the role from Creator to Editor then click Save.
If you'd like to provide this client with the ability to manage their passwords, please view Scenario 1: MyGlue Client Password Management
If you’d also like to provide this client with the added benefit of managing their own processes, please view Scenario 3: Full Documentation Access to Key MyGlue Stakeholders.