The Checklists feature lets you document your tasks in order so you can accomplish the most important things first, stay on-track, and work efficiently.
Checklists also make it easy to delegate tasks to the right person. You can even share your list with them so they can register their task as completed when done.
Building your checklist
- Log in to your IT Glue account.
- Navigate to the organization you want to build a checklist for. If you are creating this as a generic checklist for your team to use with multiple clients, you will want to create it inside your own organization.
- In the left-hand menu, select Checklists and then click on + New > Checklist.
- Enter a title for the checklist and add a description.
Tip! A good checklist title will clearly identify the process at hand and contain any relevant keywords. A good description will identify who the checklist should be completed by and when.
- Click on Unassigned and Due Date to assign an owner and set a due date for the entire checklist.
- Click on Add task to start building your checklist. Give each task a name and description.
- The task name should be a brief description of the task or action needed.
- The description should list the finer details of the task and provide any information needed for the assignee to complete that task.
- Click on Unassigned and Due Date to assign an owner and due date for that particular task if different from the owner and due date of the checklist (refer to Step 5).
- Repeat Steps 6 to 7 above to add as many tasks as needed for your checklist.
- Navigate back to the organization main page and click Checklists in the left-hand menu. The saved checklist will appear in the list view.
Example of a fully built checklist:
Editing your tasks
The IT Glue checklist template makes it easy to manage the order of your tasks. This includes inserting additional tasks, reordering existing tasks, and deleting unneeded tasks.
- To insert a task, click on Add task at the bottom of the screen. Define the task name and description as usual. Then, hover your mouse over the task and click on the ellipsis icon. Drag the task to the appropriate spot in the checklist.
- To reorder a task, hover your mouse over the task and click on the ellipsis icon. Drag the task to the appropriate spot in the checklist.
- To delete a task completely, hover your mouse over the task and click on the trash can icon.
Managing My Tasks in IT Glue
You can easily see all tasks assigned to you by clicking on My Tasks at the top menu bar within IT Glue. The default view will show you all of your incomplete tasks.
Open the checklist and find the task assigned to you. Once you complete the task, click the checkmark icon. The task will be grayed out to show completion.