IT Glue lets you preview your attachments before opening them. This will save you time, letting you see if this is the file you need without having to download it first.
You can preview supported files without having to download them when they're listed as an Attachment within an asset.
Supported file types are:
- .jpg, .jpeg, .png, .bmp, .gif
- .docx, .doc
- .pptx, .ppt
- .vdx, .vsdx, .vsd
View an attachment
After signing in to your IT Glue account:
- Select the asset type you want to view. In this example we are using Configurations.
- Navigate to the Attachments section in the right side panel within an asset. Click on the link for the attachment you want to view.
Note: If attempting to preview a supported file attachment immediately after uploading the file, you will need to refresh the webpage first.
- If preview of the file type is supported, the file will open in a preview pane. You can zoom in and out using the "+" and "-" controls in the preview pane.
- If you select a file type that is not supported, you won't be able to preview it and will need to download it to view it.
Warning: If you download a file from the preview pane, it will be a converted pdf of the original file.
To download the file in its original format, simply click on the download icon in the Attachment section.