Use this article as a guide to create and maintain an RMM integration with Auvik. This gives you information about Device Name, Manufacturer, Model, connected MAC Addresses, and IPs in IT Glue.
It should only take about an hour to get up and running with Auvik. This is a rough estimate based on our experience with several partners who activated the integration.
|The Auvik sync described below will do the following:
For more information about the device mappings, see RMM Field Mappings.
- Manager or Administrator level access to IT Glue.
- A Manager role will only be able to see RMM matched/unmatched data for organizations that they have explicit access to. To grant access to RMM data for all organizations, refer to Step 7 of our Adding and removing users KB article.
The following information will ensure a successful Auvik integration. This includes:
- Set up a secure connection
- Configure an integration
- Enter your Auvik credentials
- Sync the information
- Organization matching
- Configuration matching
An SSL connection with a valid certificate (not self-signed) to your RMM is required.
IT Glue talks to Auvik via API to monitor for devices so we can perform our routine sync. We recommend that you create a new Auvik "Master" user account (preferably named itglue) with permission to view the assets for which you'd like us to sync.
- From the left-hand menu in Auvik, navigate to Manager Users > Roles.
- Select the checkbox for the role assigned to the integration and click Edit.
- Check the API Access Only and then on the Save button.
- (Optional) If the integration is supposed to be read-only, expand the Inventory API menu and set the Tenants permission to Read.
- Save the role and assign to the user account created for the integration.
Configure the Auvik integration
- Log into IT Glue, navigate to Account > Integrations, and click on + New button.
- Click on the Auvik icon.
- Enter your Auvik Fully Qualified Domain Name (example.auvik.com) and login credentials and then click Connect.
- From the Account Integrations screen, click Actions and then Start Manual Sync.
- When the sync is complete, the status column changes from Syncing... to OK.
IT Glue discovers companies and devices and tries to match them to data in your account. The matching logic is at the top of this article. Anything that isn't automatically matched will need to be manually actioned.
- From Account > Integrations, find Auvik in the list and click on Actions and then Matching.
- Start with the Unmatched filter to review unmatched companies.
- If you're happy with a suggested match, click Accept Suggestion to accept it, or, you can search for and choose a different organization using the Match To column. You can also choose to ignore organizations, which means they won't count as unmatched items in subsequent syncs.
Or, you can search for and choose a different organization using the Match To column.
Warning. If you don't see an organization, you can choose the Create Organization action to create (import) it. But make sure there is nothing to match first so that you don't create a duplicate organization.
- Keep going through all your unmatched companies until they are all matched.
- If you change your mind about any of the matches, click Actions, choose Change Match, and then manually search for and choose a different organization.
Next, go through the same process to match configurations as you did for organizations.
- To begin, click the Matched filter, pick a matched company, and then choose the Match Devices action.
- You should first review your matched devices to see if everything looks okay.
- Next, click the Unmatched filter and start matching any remaining devices until all are actioned (matched, ignored, or created).
Before you create configurations, first match any of the devices that we couldn't match based on MAC addresses or serial number, for example, virtual servers. When you're done matching, you can create (in bulk or individually) any of the remaining devices coming in from Auvik.
Repeat for each company until all devices are actioned.
Once everything is matched, the Auvik setup is complete. At any time, you can come back to these instructions to discover and match new companies and devices from Auvik.