Use this article as a guide to create and maintain an RMM integration with Meraki, which is their RMM solution. This gives you information about Models, Serial Numbers, locations, IPs, and MAC addresses.
It should only take about an hour to get up and running with your RMM. This is a rough estimate based on our experience with several partners who integrated with their RMM.
The Meraki sync described below will do the following:
For more information about the device mappings, see RMM Field Mappings.
- Manager or Administrator level access to IT Glue.
- If you're integrating with a PSA and an RMM, you will want to first sync your RMM to your PSA and your PSA to IT Glue to make sure that the required data is available for matching.
The following information will ensure a successful Meraki integration. This includes:
- Set up a secure connection
- Connecting to Meraki
- Generate an API Key
- Enter your RMM credentials
- Sync the information
- Organization matching
- Configuration matching
Connect to Meraki
Before enabling a sync with Meraki, you will need to generate an API key.
Important: When generating the API key, you should use the Meraki user with access to Meraki's MSP portal.
To Generate an API Key
- Sign in to your Meraki Dashboard using your Meraki MSP portal.
- At the top right of your screen, click on My Profile.
In the account information screen, scroll down API Access and select Generate new API key.
Note: You cannot have more than two API keys at one time.
For each Meraki organization you would like to sync with IT Glue:
- Open the Meraki Org List and select the organization you would like to include in your sync
- Ensure your user is an Admin in the organization
- Navigate to Organization> Settings
- Scroll down to Dashboard API access and check "Enable access to the Cisco Meraki Dashboard API"
Sync Meraki with IT Glue
- Open IT Glue.
- Navigate to Account > Integrations and click +New.
Click the Meraki option.
Enter your RMM credentials in IT Glue.
Sync Your Data
- From the Account Integrations screen, click Actions and then Start Manual Sync.
- When the sync is complete, the status column changes from Syncing... to OK.
IT Glue discovers organizations and configurations and tries to match them to data in your account. The matching logic is at the top of this article. Anything that isn't automatically matched will need to be manually actioned.
- From Account > Integrations, find your RMM in the list and click on Actions and then Matching.
- Start with the Unmatched filter to review unmatched organizations.
- If you're happy with a suggested match, click Accept Suggestion to accept it, or, you can search for and choose a different organization using the Match To column. You can also choose to ignore organizations, which means they won't count as unmatched items in subsequent syncs.
Warning. If you don't see an organization, you can choose the Create Organization action to create (import) it. But make sure there is nothing to match first, so that you don't create a duplicate organization.
- Keep going through all your unmatched organizations until they are all matched.
- If you change your mind about any of the matches, click Actions, choose Change Match, and then manually search for and choose a different organization.
Next, go through the same process to match configurations as you did for organizations.
- To begin, click the Matched filter, pick a matched organization, and then choose the Match Devices action.
- You should first review your matched devices to see if everything looks okay.
- Next, click the Unmatched filter and start matching any remaining configurations until all are actioned (matched, ignored, or created).
Before you create configurations, first match any of the devices that we couldn't match based on MAC addresses or serial number, for example, virtual servers. When you're done matching, you can create (in bulk or individually) any of the remaining devices coming in from your RMM.
Repeat for each organization until all configurations are actioned.
Once everything is matched, the RMM setup is complete. At any time, you can come back to these instructions to discover and match new organizations and configurations from your RMM.