The Flags feature allows you to quickly flag a document for future review and reference. A document's flagged state is designated by a special flag icon beside the document title on the Document list view and in the document itself.
Why is this good news?
You can flag important documents making tracking easier.
Increase Visibility Through Flags
The Flag feature lets you:
- Create custom flags (eg. Incomplete, Needs Review)
- Add a specific flag and description to a Document to indicate what could be actioned
- Option to set a specific flag type as the default to ensure all new Documents will automatically have this default flag added.
- Filter flags in Document and Global list view based on flag type for quick identification
- Managers with access to all organizations and Administrators can create, edit, or delete flag types in Account > Flag Types
- Add Flag Types to any Document a user has access to within an Organization.
Create Flag Types
- Sign in to IT Glue, click Account, and select Flag Types.
- Click New.
- Name the new Flag Type, choose flag colour and click outside the box to save the colour selection. Click Save.
- Check Make default if you want the flag to be automatically added by default to all new documents at creation time. Click Save.
You will be able to see your newly created flag type, default status and colour.
Edit Flag Type
- Select the Flag Type, and click the pencil icon.
- Make the edits you need and click Save.
Delete a Flag Type
To remove the flag globally, click the garbage can. Note: Managers with access to all organizations and Administrators can can delete flag types.
Flag a Document
A flag can be added to a document when viewing a document, or when editing a document.
- Select the document you want to flag.
- Select the Flag Type you want to use from the dropdown menu.
Note: When a new document is created, if a default flag type exists, the default flag will be automatically selected.
- Optionally, add a description to the flag and click Save.
Viewing Flags and Flag Descriptions in Documents List View, Global List View, and Documents
- Within Documents List View, the flag appears beside the document if a flag has been added.
- Hover over the flag to read its description
You can also see the flags and the associated description in the Global List View and within the Document.
Filter for Flags in Organization Documents List View
The Flag feature lets you filter for all documents with a specific flag type within both the Organization Documents list view and Global Documents list view.
- In the Documents list view, select the filter columns or search bar and enter Flag. Select the Flag Type from the dropdown list.
- All documents within the organization with the specified flag will be listed.
Filter for Flags in Global List View
- In the Global Documents list view, under the Flags column enter the Flag Type you want.
- All documents with the specified flag will be listed.
Filter for Flags Via Search
- Open Search.
- Enter Flag:and then the flag type (e.g. Draft, Incomplete, etc.). All documents with that flag type will be displayed.
- You can search for a flag using the first part of the flag type's name.