For partners subscribed to Select or Enterprise plans.
This article will show you how to use Flag Types to trigger specific workflows. This feature lets you work more efficiently. It was designed to help you create notifications so that specific actions are triggered based on a flagged Document.
How it works
Workflows can be triggered when a flag is added to, updated, or removed from a Document.
- Trigger: Flag updated
- Flag Type: Draft
- Action: Send an email to select workgroup
- Action: Also notify the team in workgroup #general channel
For more information on how workflows can help you and how to set them up, read: Quick guide for workflows.
Create a new workflow
You will need to be signed in as a Manager or Administrator.
- Navigate to Account > Workflows.
- Click + New (top-right corner of the screen) to be taken to the new workflow setup screen.
- Select Flag as the workflow trigger.
Configure the trigger
- Enter the Trigger Name.
Tip: Enter a descriptive name for the notification. The name will be shown in the workflows management page and should be globally unique across workflows to make identification easy.
- Enter a Notification Failure Email.
- Click Next.
Add a Filter
- Click the + Filter button on the left side of the screen.
- Select your filter criteria using the drop downs. To add additional filter criteria, click the (plus sign). Multiple filters can help you target specific data.
- Click Next.
Choose a notification method
- Select the notification type. For this example, we are using Email Notification.
- Enter notification parameters.
You can use variables in the subject and body fields. The variables will pull values from the asset that’s triggering the notification. The available variables are listed at the bottom of the screen where you input this information.
- Click Next.
If you are interested in using webhooks, use the following articles as further reading and to start building webhook-based actions. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions or need further tutorials.
- Setting up Slack webhook notifications
- Setting up Microsoft Teams webhook notifications
- Setting up an Asana zap in Zapier
- Setting up a Zendesk zap in Zapier
Test your workflow
- Click the Test Action button to perform the job your action is set to do with some test data.
Note that test notifications are sent to the first email recipient, but the actual notifications will be sent to the entire recipient list.
Turn on your workflow
- Put the workflow in an On status and then click Finish to save all your changes.
- Your team will start receiving notifications based on flag triggers.