Use this article to give Continuum Help Desk access to your IT Glue account, so you can share information.
With this integration, both your in-house and Continuum Help Desk technicians can access the same device information and knowledge in IT Glue to consistently service clients with confidence.
Integration benefits include:
- A single source of truth for smooth and consistent IT support.
- Efficient cross-platform data searching.
- Granular security control over selected organizations shared with the Help Desk.
- Full visibility of Help Desk technician activities with detailed activity logs.
- Less redundancy and single-source documentation management.
IT Glue Integration Best Practices
Below are some items to remember when configuring the Continuum integration:
- The following items are viewable by the Help Desk:
- Manager or Administrator role in IT Glue
Steps to Integrate
- Click Account from the top navigation bar.
- Click GlueConnect from the sidebar.
- Click the + New button in the top-right corner.
- Click Invite Account.
- Enter Continuum in the Subdomain field
- Choose Creator as the maximum role.
- Select relevant groups and add organizations accessible to connected users.
- Restrict account access to organization as applicable. Populated organizations that are greyed out have inherited permissions from a group.
- Enter addresses for the invitation email (a custom message is optional but not required).
- Click Send.
Note: Please allow up to 24 hours for the integration invitation to be accepted by a member of the Help Desk. Once accepted, Help Desk users will have immediate access and the invited account will appear under Invited Accounts.
Configuring the Integration in Continuum
- Make a note of the Company Name, Organization ID, and Organization Name as shown in IT Glue.
- In Continuum Help Desk, navigate to the ITSupport portal, click the RMM Set Up tab.
- Select a site.
- Navigate to Help Desk Options, under the Product Option tab.
- Add Company Name, Organization ID, and Organization Name in the relevant fields, as highlighted below.
- Click Save