Use this article as a guide to create and maintain an RMM integration with Central, which is LogMeIn’s RMM solution. This gives you information about Model, Serial No., connected MAC Addresses, and CPU in IT Glue.
It should only take about an hour to get up and running with your RMM. This is a rough estimate based on our experience with several partners who integrated with their RMM.
The LogMeIn integration will do the following:
- Discover all groups and computers in LogMeIn
- Match LogMeIn Groups to IT Glue organizations, and LogMeIn computers to IT Glue configurations, using IT Glue's matching logic
- Suggest matches on organizations and configurations based on name
For more information about device mappings, see our RMM Field Mappings KB article.
- Manager or Administrator level access to IT Glue.
- LogMeIn Premier plan subscription.
Steps to Integrate
- Configure the RMM
- Enter your RMM credentials
- Sync data
- Organization matching
- Configuration matching
Configuring LogMeIn Central
- IT Glue talks to LogMeIn via API to monitor for devices so we can perform our routine sync.
- Only LogMeIn Central Premier Plans are allowed to request API access from LogMeIn. To get API credentials, you are required to open a ticket with LogMeIn support.
Note: LogMeIn Inventory Reporting must also be enabled to have device details show up. To enable the Inventory Report:
- Log in to LogMeIn Central.
- Navigate to Configuration > Reports.
- Select Enable inventory reporting.
- Click Save Settings.
Attempting to sync data more often than every 5 minutes may result in you being locked out of your LogMeIn account.
Enter your RMM credentials
- Navigate to Account
- Select Integrations and click +New
- Click the LogMeIn option.
- Enter your LogMeIn Customer ID and API Key and then click Connect.
- From the Account Integrations screen, click Actions and then Start Manual Sync to prioritize the sync to start sooner, if desired.
- When the sync is complete, the Status column changes from Syncing... to OK.
- The initial sync typically completes in under an hour and subsequent syncs will finish within minutes depending on how many new items you have.
IT Glue discovers groups and computers and tries to match them to data in your account. The matching logic is covered in our RMM Field Mappings KB article. Anything that isn't automatically matched will need to be manually mapped.
- From Account > Integrations, find LogMeIn Central in the list, click on Actions > Matching.
- In the Unmatched tab, review unmatched organizations
- If you're happy with a suggested match, click Accept Suggestion to accept it. If there is no suggested match, or it is incorrect, you can search for and choose a different organization using the Match To field. If no organization exists in IT Glue, you can choose to create an organization. You can also choose to ignore groups, which means they won't count as unmatched items in subsequent syncs.
Warning: Before creating an organization from the matching screen, ensure that no corresponding organization already exists, otherwise a duplicate will be created.
- If any matches are incorrect, click Actions, choose Change Match, and choose a different organization to match to.
Once all organization have been matched, the same process should be followed for any unmatched configurations.
- From the Matched tab, choose any organization that has unmatched computers, click the Actions button, and select Match Devices.
- For any unmatched configurations, you can either accept the suggested match, search for an IT Glue configuration by entering the name in the Match To field, or create a new configuration by clicking Actions > Create Configuration.
Warning: Before creating a configuration from the matching screen, ensure that no corresponding configuration already exists, otherwise a duplicate will be created.
Important. If you already integrate with a PSA tool, or are planning to in the future, creating organizations and configurations from your RMM tool is not recommended. Please see our Sync Methods, which one to choose KB article for more information on combining PSA and RMM integrations.