Use this article as a guide to create and maintain an RMM integration with Central, which is LogMeIn’s RMM solution. This gives you information about Model, Serial No., connected MAC Addresses, and CPU in IT Glue.
It should only take about an hour to get up and running with your RMM. This is a rough estimate based on our experience with several partners who integrated with their RMM.
The LogMeIn sync described below will do the following:
For more information about the device mappings, see RMM Field Mappings..
- Manager or Administrator level access to IT Glue.
The following information will ensure a successful LogMeIn integration. This includes:
- Secure connection and Configure the RMM
- Enter your RMM credentials
- Sync data
- Organization matching
- Configuration matching
Secure connection and configure the RMM
- An SSL connection with a valid certificate (not self-signed) to your RMM is required.
- Only LogMeIn Central Premier Edition is allowed to request API access from LogMeIn. To get API credentials, the partner needs to open a ticket with LogMeIn support to request their API credentials.
- IT Glue talks to LogMeIn via API to monitor for devices so we can perform our routine sync. We recommend that you create a new LogMeIn "Master" user account (preferably named itglue) with permission to view the assets for which you'd like us to sync (settings should be in "Role" and "Scope").
Note: LogMeIn Inventory Reporting must also be enabled in order to have device details show up.
To enable the Inventory Report:
Remember: A Premier subscription is required to use this feature.
- In LogMeIn Central, go to the Configuration > Reports page.
- Select the Enable inventory reporting option.
- Click Save Settings.
Attempting to sync data more often than every 5 minutes may result in you being locked out of your LogMeIn account.
Enter your RMM credentials
- Open IT Glue. Navigate to Account
- Select Integrations and click +New
- Click the LogMeIn option.
- Enter your LogMeIn Customer ID and API Key and then click Connect.
By default, newly queued syncs are scheduled to take place one hour later.
- From the Account Integrations screen, click Actions and then Start Manual Sync to prioritize the sync to start sooner, if desired.
- When the sync is complete, the status column changes from Syncing... to OK.
- The initial sync typically completes in under an hour and subsequent syncs will finish within minutes depending on how many new items you have.
IT Glue discovers groups and computers and tries to match them to data in your account. The matching logic is at the top of this article. Anything that isn't automatically matched will need to be manually actioned.
- From Account > Integrations, find your RMM in the list and click on Actions and then Matching.
- Start with the Unmatched filter to review unmatched organizations
- If you're happy with a suggested match, click Accept Suggestion to accept it. Or, you can search for and choose a different organization using the Match To column. You can also choose to ignore groups, which means they won't count as unmatched items in subsequent syncs.
Warning. If you don't see an organization, you can choose the Create Organization action to create (import) it. But make sure there is nothing to match first, so that you don't create a duplicate organization.
- If you change your mind about any of the matches, click Actions, choose Change Match, and then manually search for and choose a different organization.
Next, go through the same process to match computers as you did for groups
- To begin, click the Matched filter, pick a matched organization, and then choose the Match Devices action.
- You should first review your matched computers to see if everything looks okay.
- Next, click the Unmatched filter and start matching any remaining computers until all are actioned (matched, ignored, or created).
Before you create configurations, first match any of the computers that we couldn't match based on MAC addresses or serial number, for example, virtual servers. When you're done matching, you can create (in bulk or individually) any of the remaining devices coming in from your RMM.
Important. We don't recommend that you create configurations from your RMM if you'd like to then have them populate from IT Glue to your PSA. New items created from such data will not sync with your PSA unless you choose to do so manually by editing and saving each and every item. This is absolutely manual and is not recommended.
Repeat for each group until all computers are actioned.
Once everything is matched, the RMM setup is complete. At any time, you can come back to these instructions to discover and match new groups and computers from your RMM.