To sync your Office 365 licenses with IT Glue you must first integrate and match your tenants. For more information, take a look at Office 365 Integration.
To Enable Syncing Office 365 Licenses with IT Glue
- Navigate to Account > Integrations > Office 365 Actions > Sync Settings.
- From the Sync your data with Office 365 screen, click the checkbox for “Licenses”.
- Click Save and Continue.
- From the Active Integrations screen (Account > Integrations), click Actions and then Start Manual Sync.
- From the Active Integrations screen, you can see the overall sync status. When the sync is complete, the status column changes from Syncing... to OK.
Office 365 licenses are synced as a flexible asset in IT Glue.
Note: If this is your first Office 365 integration, a new Flexible Asset Type named “Office 365 Licenses” will be created and formatted to display your Office 365 licensing data within Organizations. This synced Flexible Asset Type, similar to synced Configuration Types, cannot be edited in order to protect the template of the synced Flexible Assets.
Synced Office 365 License Flexible Assets, similar to other one-way synced assets, will have their synced fields locked to prevent editing. Security settings, however, will still be manageable when editing synced Office 365 License Flexible Assets.
IT Glue lets you track the number of Active, Consumed and Unused licenses at a glance.
After the licenses have synced, you can view licenses information by either visiting a matched organization and choosing the Office 365 Licenses flexible asset, or by viewing a Global list of Office 365 License flexible assets.
To view via an organization
- Select the organization you want to view and select Office 365 Licenses on the sidebar.
- This will open the synced Office 365 Licenses list view.
Viewing all Office 365 Licenses in the Global Page
- Navigate to Global > Office 365 Licenses
- This opens the global list view of all synced tenants and license information.
- Note: You can filter or search for a particular Organization’s information using the filter options at the top of the list.
While removing an Office 365 integration, choosing the "Permanently disconnect records from Office 365 but keep all data" will stop syncing Flexible Assets and Flexible Asset Types and existing synced assets will be retained in your IT Glue account.
Choosing the “Permanently delete all data including all related/child records” option will delete all synced Flexible Assets and Flexible Asset Types.
For both choices, any contacts or organizations created from the integration are not deleted.
Only Office 365 subscriptions that are active are counted as “Active” in IT Glue. Any managed subscriptions that are suspended will be reported as having 0 “Active” licenses in a synced Office 365 Licenses flexible asset. If an Office 365 tenant contains users that are assigned a suspended license, synced Contacts will still appear tagged in the flexible asset.